onsdag den 21. maj 2014

British Gypsy Girl


Hi! I’m so flattered that not only did Emily want to design and handmake this amazing Secrets of the Tribe necklace for me, but she also wanted me to do a guestpost on her blog, and it’s also my very first guest post ever too!  

Ok so time to admit already I’m not the best with words, I’m a little all over the place, so bear with me, as I am generally with life (I like to call it being creative haha, I also use it to justify how messy I am) but a good place to would be with a bit about me right? 

Hi, my name is Sara and I run a blog/vintage brand of the same name, (Waiste by the way) and I live in East London with my boyfriend and my furry baby kitty cat Herschy. I’m obsessed with vintage, fashion, the 60s and 70s, chocolate, animals, and general dreaming of living in somewhere hot and sunny in the USA.  However, on the days when it is sunny in London, I love nothing more than heading to the park and being around all the beautiful greenery-oh and this one we shot in is right next to the city farm too!  I thought this would be the perfect place to twirl around in my necklace and take some pretty pictures in the little forest next to it. I grew up in the English countryside, which is green, green, green so it reminds me of being home. London can be a lonely place sometimes, especially when you’re a bit more of a free spirit (is that the right word?, I don’t know, you know what I mean) so when I’m feeling a little sad, finding some beautiful nature in all the grey and the buildings and the concrete always makes me feel much better.


So anyway, with the necklace, I’m wearing a MinkPink dress and a waistcoat I made myself, I loved that I could combine something handmade by me with Emily’s handmade creation too, they go so well together J My necklace was made from titanium quartz which I totally feel the perfect stone for me, and I can feel the love that went into creating it. In Emily’s words: ‘Titanium quartz is the most powerful and vibrantly intense one of all the coated and treated quartz. It projects strength, physical power and mental acuity to the wearer - makes one more confident, more aware & more amused by life.’ Makes sense really, I definitely need more of all three of those! I’ve got my head in the clouds half the time and one of my wishes would be to have more confidence, so it’s a pretty perfect match for me!

                                                       >>>----------->   <--------------<<<

There is something really special about Sara Waiste. And by that I am not talking about the fact that she is a super talented business woman, running her vintage shop Waiste Vintage or her awesome & inspiring blog, or of the fact that she has the most amazing closet filled with treasures that she hunts for with passion and a clever eye. And I am not even talking about her great talent for customizing old items or hand making new design from vintage fabrics. 
I am talking about her cool and relaxed way of approaching the blog world. There is a lot of no-nonsense in her pictures and in her look. A kind of: "What you se is what you get" feel, and a refreshing honesty! Thank you for that Sara! 

With Love & Lights, 

Emily


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar